About Me

My photo
a day dreamer..like to laugh through troubles and spread smiles around...interested in photography..

Friday, March 14, 2008

from "no strings attached"...to.."life is cool"

{on empty stomach on a Thursday night...after visiting few excellent blogs}

some times i wonder how good it would be, to live a life with no strings attached... no relationships... no commitments.... no responsibilities...at times i find all these as a burden.some thing which shelves me away from my true self..the independent me..the joyous me...

i know a lot of people will disagree with me in this front...but still...

i have lots of interests - traveling, blogging, photography, but its very disturbing fact to me that, even with lot of time in my hand and the resources readily available, i still don't do anything towards fulfilling it.

I have been in this new place for almost a month - "the other side of the world" as i used to call, when in India. A place which offers a lot for people with travel interest - the land of Statue of Liberty, White House, Times Square, Wall Street Bull, Miami , Key West...lots to list...thats for the traveler me.
I have 24/7 high speed, broadband , wifi internet connection and a personal laptop...for the blogger in me.
I am the proud owner of Canon S5 IS, the best point and shoot camera, as per my knowledge...for the photographer in me.

Being an Onshore coordinator, weekdays are hectic for me, will have enough official work to do and coordinate even on reaching home. But weekends...i am absolutely free from Friday night till Sunday night...a time i can happily blog or visit near by places, or try out my photography skills in this beautiful countryside...or at least try to learn photography in the first place.. i know just obsession wont do, i need to really learn the art of capturing images with life...
but.....what do i do on weekends??? either remained glued to my chair with hands running through the keyboard like Saantana on his guitar...or with mobile fixed to my ear like a call center guy - rightly termed by my roomies. yes. my weekend is restricted to one activity alone...chatting chatting chatting...this is all because of those strings attached to me...the relations....at least now i must learn the lesson of life..enjoy the essence of life...give at most importance to oneself and ones own happiness...

{gulping one bottle of beer on a Friday evening..and watching movie "Happy Days"}

actually life is not that complicated as i think it to be.. i can still find time for my hobbies by reducing the time i spend in front of laptop...i needn't try to cut those strings as such...(i know its a hard job)
closed my laptop, took out my camera and shot few sunset pics from my balcony in "Manual mode"...i was happy...finally some image is getting captured...(earlier when in Manual mode, i ended up with a black/dark image)...felt happy..good...a fine start to my hobby..

aaah...bad print...if at all they are doing piracy, why dont they do it in a better way...huh...

{my 2nd beer on my way..destination- stomach}

the bad print spoiled my whole mood..was a good movie..entertaining...aah..wish i had a time machine..just press of a button and back to college....and there is some excitement in untold romance...i really like the chemistry between the 2 main characters...aah...movie getting to my head or the beer??? my typing speed has increased..so it got to be the beer at work...ok...what next??i dont want to watch this movie this way..in such bad print...

{3rd beer opened....}
hmm...my teeth is real strong...i had no problems in opening my 3rd beer...
hey life is really beautiful...why didn't i realize it earlier????
{few more gulps...}
logged in to gtalk....my best buddy...deepu is online....

me:da...me having corona...mexican..3rd on the way....
D: da...me too...my 4th..
me: i ll soon jump to 4th da... :)

there ended the conversaton. felt good...am not alone..

{11:50pm}
something pricking me in the back of my semi unconscious mind....production move...yeah my code is going to production and i need to ensure its certified for production...GTH...i thought...yeah...Go To Hell.... i know the changes made..is not a big issue even if it goes next week..dono y the clients are making a big fuzz abt it...

{1:02am}
yeeks my code is still not in production...did the testing team fail my code? then client gonna say..GTH to me...so will my senior management.. nail biting moment..all the "life is cool" feeling the beer had given is taking a big U turn now...life is not so cool...:(
talked to my offshore..she said..u sleep now..in case of issues, i shall give you a call...those were more than assuring words...esp since i have been sleeping past 2am for past 3-4 days...
so off to sleep...with nightmares of my mobile ringing with call from offshore..
{7:02 am}
i suddenly woke up from my sleep and switched on my office laptop...
1st mail read "you can sleep peacefully...ur code is certified" - from my offshore
so life really is cool....

few learning i got from this 24hrs in my life:
1. all emotions are temporary...
2. don't take any decision in haste...
3. take things lightly, don't think too much emotionally
4. there is no mood that cant be corrected by 3bottles of beer{statutory warning: not advised to follow}

2 comments:

Roshini said...

I rally dont think u need some beer to get u into such a state. Isolation combined with the heavy work load which takes up all ur sleeping time for days on end...wat more du need... :P

nostringsattached said...

@rosh: rightly said dear..life is so diff here.. but i must admit its a nice feeling to sit in the open balcony,sipping on beer ;)