About Me

My photo
a day dreamer..like to laugh through troubles and spread smiles around...interested in photography..

Sunday, April 6, 2008

something fishy for a saturday ;)

i had started hating weekends and myself...yeah..weekends are boring for me... with nothing to do other than watching movie online and chatting with friends... and now a day its restricted to movies alone as my best buddy has hardly time for chatting with me...how many movies can one watch in a day??? i was really fed up...i put down my computer specs(which i forcefully wear, as i spend even my weekends on this new age smart(idiot) box) and started thinking how to spend the remaining time..with the tennis court dampened by yesterdays rain and with no one for company to venture out, i was almost imprisoned in my own apartment..a self imposed imprisonment(as i didn't lookout for an opportunity to go out), aggravated by nature..

i said to myself..if things go at this rate, i ll lose my self and my jovial nature..felt like moving to darkness...its really horrible to spend time all alone, with nothing to do which interests u. One of my good friend used to complain abt being alone and feeling bored..she used to call me whenever she was feeling bored and i used to get bugged up with her calls..me being born and brought up in a nuclear family and with my parents always busy with their work, i was used to staying alone and minding own business..so i could never understand her, who was brought in a joint family...but now i realized how bad she would have felt on being alone..

but i was not to spend time brooding over the loneliness.. i was looking out for something exciting within the limitation of the four walls..and finally this idea struck me...cooking...i decided..am going to make fish curry...i know am not that good in cooking and its just 3rd time am entering in kitchen to make something on my own..but i was cool..and confident of finishing the entire dish myself in case my roomies find it hard to taste...

i really enjoyed cooking this time..was fun and there goes my special recipe...
1. coat fish pieces with lil turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and keep it for some time.may be 10-15 mins.
2. fry these pieces in limited oil in a non stick pan. fry only till its color changes. keep in mind that u r making fish curry n not fry.
3. after taking out fish, saute thinly sliced onion till it turns brownish, then add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and mix well.add salt to taste. Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, and garam masala and mix it well.
4. Add tomato and heat for some time, pouring 1/4 glass water and making it a paste.
5. Add the slightly fried fish and enough water so that the fish is dipped in the masala.
6. Keep the pan closed for 5-8 mins. then keep watching till the curry becomes slightly thick. turn off the cooking range and keep it closed for sometime.



the curry turned out to be far far better than i expected. it tasted good and was aromatic.. am still waiting for my roomies to arrive and comment on it..but for me..its an awesome dish..and am happy to have done something innovative and interesting in this otherwise boring day of mine...this has really given me the confidence to try out more in kitchen..but only after my roomies testifies it..i do care for their health and taste buds.. :D

4 comments:

nostringsattached said...

i know its weird to comment on ones own blog..but this is to info that my curry is really good...
awesome..excellent was the comment given by my roomies :)
yahoo..what a day...

Flyaway Mind said...

wah wah..the making of a chef ;) it sure looks YUMMY thought i am not so sure about the consequences :D

nostringsattached said...

@flyaway: he he..it's safe.. tested and certified by roomies and myself :)

NEETHU V said...

certainly looks yummy esp when one has to stick to bland food 3 times a day when in bed with chicken pox..